THANK YOU for your interest in joining the Junior League of Murfreesboro.
The Junior League of Murfreesboro accepts new members each Fall. An informational meeting will be held in August to provide potential members with information about the mission of JLM, membership requirements, as well as a membership contract to return by a set deadline, including new member fees. Those returning completed contracts and fees will attend an in-town one day retreat in September to jump start their time as a JLM new member.
New members are assigned to a New Member Advisor. This advisor is there to provide needed information, encouragement and help as you become an active part of the league. New members become active general members in May after completing the New Member Training Program.
The New Member Training Program is a training course designed to provide New Members with information and the training and skills that are required to promote the mission of the JLM.
New Member Requirements
All New Members must complete the following during their training in order to be recommended as Active Members the following League year:
- Attend a new member retreat in September*
- Attend 75% of New Member Meetings from second Monday between September- April.
- Attend Activation at the General Membership Meeting Annual Dinner in May.
- Participate in the New Member class project(s).
- Participate in at least one JLM Fundraising iniative.
- Participate in at least two Done-in-a-Day (DID) service projects.
- Fulfill the financial requirements of membership.
*candidates must have attended a new member information session for admission